Range Rules & Regulations
1) All federal, state and local firearms laws must be obeyed.
2) All firearms not on the firing line must be unloaded and encased.
3) All rifle and shotgun ammunition will be inspected before entering the range. No holstered weapons are allowed on the range unless in a class or by prior approval.
4) Persons under 18 must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian with documentation on and off the range and at all times while on the range. Must be 13 years and older to shoot.
5) No more than three (3) shooters per lane.
6) Keep weapons pointed toward backstop at all times.
7) No food, drinks, or smoking on the range.
8) Excessive use of rapid-fire not permitted.
9) Open one door at a time when entering or leaving the range.
10) Brass must be collected or left on the range. The brass left by others is the property of gun world of south florida and will not be allowed to leave the range. You may collect your own brass that is on or behind the firing line. Brass from other shooters and all brass that falls in front of the firing line may not be collected.
11) Any person with a medical disorder which might create a safety hazard (e.G. Epilepsy, etc.) must notify range officers before going out onto the range.
12) Owners of class 3 firearms must report their use before entering the range and be in possession of any permits or paperwork required by law.
13) No muzzle loading firearms may be fired on the range except by appointment.
14) When the line is declared “clear” firearms must be holstered or unloaded and benched or grounded, with the muzzle pointed down range, with the action open ejection port or cylinder up, and the magazine removed. Everyone must step back from the firing line. No firearms may be handled while the line is “clear.”
15) Use the appropriate size target, placed at eye level, to ensure that your shots strike the backstop and not the floor, ceiling or target holder. Firing a shot on the range that results in the bullet striking anything other than the target and/or backstop may result in a damage or repair fine and/or your removal from the range.
16) Rifles up to and including .308 caliber may be fired. All rifle caliber magazines need to be unloaded.
17) Firearms brought into the building must be unloaded and encased.
18) All shooters must complete and sign the range release waiver, hold harmless, indemnication and assumption risk agreement before using the range.
19) Range officers will bar anyone handling a gun in an unsafe manner.
20) Everone must wear eye and hearing protection while on the range.
21) No tracers, explosive, armor piercing, or steel core ammunition.
22) Handle all weapons in booth only.
23) Do not bring any loaded or jammed weapons off the range for any reason. If there is a problem, lay the gun in the booth and notify range officer.
24) Do not exchange weapons with another lane. Switch shooters not guns.
25) Rental guns must be used with supplied ammunition only.
26) Range officers will bar anyone believed to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
27) Do not throw any ammunition or empty shells into the trash containers.
28) No pregnant women allowed on the range for the baby’s safety.
29) All calibers of pistols may be fired.
30) Shotgun slugs may be fired. No buckshot or birdshot may be used on the range.
31) No one other than range personnel may go forward of the firing line.
32) Only approved paper targets may be used.
33) Cross firing of targets is prohibited.
34) Drawing from the holster is not allowed, unless authorized to do so. When arrangements have been made by management you must remove the shooting table from the shooting booth. Keep finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
35) All firing should be aimed fire.
36) In special cases when holsters are allowed, only belt holsters placed on the same hip as the shooting hand may be used on the range. Shoulder holsters and cross-draw holsters may not be used unless authorized by the range officer during designated training courses.
37) Commands issued by range officers and range personnel must be obeyed immediately and without question.